Ah, Canada's Next Top Model, though you have yet to air a single episode, I am in love with you. Your America's Next Top Model pedigree, your host, Tricia Helfer, one of my favourite Canadian models, and one of the few model-actress hybrids that does both more then well (ah, Battlestar Galactica!), your co-opting of the very orange Jay Manuel as a guest judge - how can you not be a winner?
Add to that a seemingly excellent online partnership with Yahoo Canada, and all I have to say is that you will make the insanely hot and sticky summer to come enjoyable. Even more so then Rockstar: INXS did last year. And me? I will take joy in mocking recaps after every show. Especially since the competitors? Look even less like models then last season of America's Next Top Model. Daria Werbowy, Jessica Stam, and Linda Evangelista, they most deifinately are not.
You have been warned.
So lets get down to it with a mess of introductory links:
- Canada's Next Top Model site on Yahoo.ca
- Tricia Helfer's CNTM blog - Via Yahoo 360
- CNTM Radio Station via LaunchCast
- CNTM discussion group on Yahoo.ca (okay, this on is even too geeky for me)
- Pictures of the models' digs via Flickr - Vancouver Island is a lovely place. But does Vancouver really support an international modelling and fashion publishing / advertising industry like Toronto?