Sunday, September 11, 2005

Pickled Beets Bring out the Pirate in Me

I spent most of today helping my mom prepare and can what will become pickled beets. A bushel full. And goddamn if it hasn't given me a new found respect for anyone how does any kind of preservation projects on a regular basis.

I was swearing and threatening the beets at the end of the day. Swearing and threatening like a pirate.

It's been a busy weekend. Last night I went to a party at my old boss' place. Except, it was a bunch of people sitting on a patio with the music turned too low, and screaming, running toddlers. Why this was called a "party", I do not know. I tried to stick it out, but after an hour and a half, I had to jet.

I also picked up a raw food cookbook! That is mad-exciting to me. So much so that I ordered two more. Very soon, I shall have a raw food dinner party. Who wants to come?

No comments: