Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Hello, Geeks. Goodbye, Olives.

Because if you're reading this, you know you are one, what with the perusing blogs on the Interwebs (thanks for the new silly word, Heather).

Right, so you're a geek. Which means you, at one time or another, have been a member of an online community. Which also means that you, and that community, have probably grown in different directions, again, at one time or another.

This? This is my one time. Or another. Yesterday, I decided to stop posting at one of the boards that I have been a part of for the past bargazillion years. No, not that one. Anyway. After months of just not having fun, I realized that the bulk of the posters and I just didn't have anything in common any more. And it was making me more judgemental then usual.

Of course, that leaves a decision to be made. Make an announcement and deal with questions that I'd rather not answer, or just stop posting? I went with S-Words, Alex. Uh, option #2. Yes, I know that's the poo option.

Thing is, it wasn't weird not visiting last night. Or today. The time was right, I reckon, to just mosey on down the road.

No comments: