Wednesday, September 21, 2005

INXS Chooses A Singer

Let the horrible puns begin.

There was no doubt in my mind that Mig put himself out of the running with his inability to write songs that didn't belong in a Broadway musical, and his choice to perform Bohemian Rhapsody. It made me a little sad, though. Also, when he stood beside JD and Marty, I was shocked to see just how tiny the little man is. Midget Mig, you're a sweet, stupid man, and I will miss you.

JD performance was, well, it was Hutchence-light. The tracing of random patterns in the air with his hand, the hip swivelling, the swagger...okay. Here it is. When he sang "You Can't Always Get What You Want", clearly, and with something I can only admit was soul, I knew he had it in the bag. And then seeing the way he interacted with the band on stage, it was unmistakeable that INXS had already chosen their new singer.

Marty will be better off without INXS. Although I fear that Dave Navarro will be stalking him with both dedication and boa-clad applomb.

INXS' new song Easy Easy sounded remarkedly like every other INXS song that has been released.

And so it goes.

2 comments:

joolz said...

Hate to say I told you so, so I won't. Ha.

JD! JD! JD!

YAY!

Melissa said...

This doesn't it right, lady. NOT IN THE LEAST.