Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Renovation Trauma Continues

Last night, at 9PM, I recieved a call from Kwami, the installer that the company doing my bathroom renovation had contracted to do the work.

Apparently, yesterday afternoon, as he was leaving my place after grouting the shower and laying the floor tiles, he misstepped on the staircase and injured his foot. And hadn't realized how hurt he was until last night. He said he was going to go to the doctor this morning, and see if he could come in to complete the job afterwards. I asked him if he had talked to the project manager, and he said that he would do so in the morning.

Of course, being a micromanager, the first thing I do this morning, when the company opens for business, is call the project manager myself, who, rationally, tells me that he won't be able to do anything until Kwami calls him and updates him on his condition.

That being said, the project manager just called me to let me know that Kwami won't be showing up at my house today, as he has to have x-rays done. But that he is pretty sure that he'll be able to return to the job tomorrow.

I. Hate. This.

I feel bad for Kwami, but, really? I just want it all to be done.

Stupidity about the vanity top (see yesterday) aside, here's what was supposed to be done today, now tomorrow, to finish up most of the job:

  • Caulk shower / tub
  • Install shower system
  • Grout floor
  • Install baseboards
  • Install toilet
  • Install threshold cover
  • Install cabinet
  • Template cabinet top
Gah. GAH.

No comments: