Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Susur! Cookbook! Hot. Damn.

Seriously now. SERIOUSLY. I am so very excited about this news. One of my top two meals ever occured at Susur Lee's restuarant Susur. On the evening of my 31st birthday, my friend Brad and I dined on a meal that I still get a little choked up about. 5 course vegetarian tasting menu? Yes, please.

This month, Susur Lee fufilled one of my cookbook dreams, and released Susur: A Culinary Life. It's a two volume set, the first of which details Susur's life as a chef, with the second being packed full of 90 recipes and pictures of his creations.



















I ordered a copy today. I can't wait for it to arrive. And even though reviewers have said that the recipes are a challenge, I so very much look forward to taking a crack at the vegetarian items within.

Oh, the excitement! I seriously flapped my arms like a goon when I found out about the book this morning. A goon!

I then emailed the Green Zebra in Chicago to urge their chef to publish a cookbook as well. As the place where my other top two meals occurred, I feel that if they could deliver such a thing, my epicurious DIY life would be complete.

3 comments:

my name is kate said...

Yowsers! I put it on my amazon wish list. Maybe someone will get it for me for xmas. Maybe someone who reads Melissa's blog ...

Roro said...

Maybe someone whose name rhymes with "Bosemary"?

The most exceptional meal I ever had was at Susur as well. Aren't too many men who'd get me that excited . . . I'm sure the recipes won't pose much of a problem for a woman of your culinary talents. Just stay away from the felafel this time.

Melissa said...

I am so impatient for it to arrive! Because I am an impatient person, but also because I am envisioning a dinner party. One that will probably never happen, but the vision? She is lovely.