Saturday, December 30, 2006

2006 Recap

In keeping with recapping tradition, here's what 2006 looked like.

(Instructions: take the first sentence (or 2) from the first post of each month of 2006. That's your year in review.)

When I was a wee baby, I used to want to grow up to be a horse. And that is completely apropos of NOTHING.

When I was in primary school, one thing that I looked forward to every year was the MS Readathon. Did I care that the money raised went towards Multiple Sclerosis research? Hell no. But a sport for your brain? Ohhhh, yeah.

Jeff, my trainer, fairly murdered my biceps and back this morning. I have been walking around all day, arms cradled around each other, perhaps making dinosaur noises.

And not ass of the hot buttered variety, either. But as a child, I devoured them with much aplomb, even though I suspect the chocolate? At least 75% plastic.

Some of you may be wondering why I haven't mentioned Rick Springfield's performance on the Daytime Emmy Awards on Friday. Let me just say that I only recently pulled out of the swoon it put me in.

It must be a fashiony day! Look what arrived at my house this week. Oh, BCBG, how I love you:

But without the tripping. And without the funny.

Although I fear by stating such that the exact opposite will come true. But, still - today I met with my renovation project's new project manager, and their countertop supplier came in to measure my cabinets for their top.

Well, except for paint touch-ups, that is. What am I talking about? Why, my bathroom renovation, of course!

Get your mind out of the gutter - I'm referring to my car. And the crazy lady who ran into my rear end this morning on the way to work.

Crushes come and go, and I've moved on, and on again, to a new love.

That would make me so happy, I would clap like a seal!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Recaps make ME so happy I could clap like a seal! If I wasn't busy typing. Happy New Year!

Melissa said...

SEAL! Happy New Year to you too, lady.