Monday, October 02, 2006

Tap That Ass

Get your mind out of the gutter - I'm referring to my car. And the crazy lady who ran into my rear end this morning on the way to work.

Of course, it really wasn't a run in, it was more like a wee bump, but still, it leaves me livid and hating the drive into the office even more.

I wonder how you can drive on a four lane road, and be behind at least 12 cars that are at a complete stop, waiting for a light to turn, in a lane beside another that is full of cars that are also at a standstill and still manage to tap the fender of the car in front of you.

I also wonder how someone can do this and merely throw their hands up in the air in a shit-happens kind of way. And then insist of driving right behind the car that you bumped into for the next 4 or 5 kilometres.

I pretend to know how people's brains work.

I know nothing.

Anyway, the car, she is fine, as am I. And I may have to confess to snickering at the imprint her license plate left in the layer of dirt coating my bumper. Whoops?

***

In a few paragraphs where I don't complain, I must tell you of my delight with my new necklace!

Ordered from Day Lab for a mere $10 ($10!), I am now in excited possession of a brass octopus. I will love it and hug it and make a home for it around my neck.

Love it! Hug it! Hang it around my neck! It doesn't get any better then that.

No comments: