Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Back in the Saddle

When I was a wee baby, I used to want to grow up to be a horse. And that is completely apropos of NOTHING. Apparently, I like my confessions random and stupid. Who knew?

After an extended absence, I head back into work tomorrow. I was putting together my mountain of food to bring to work tomorrow, and packing up my computer and books to bring in as well, and it struck me that, goddamn, I've been away for a long, long time.

And you know what? I'm so very ready to be back. Attack my projects with a vengence, I will. Because recharged batteries, I have. And boy, are the kids at work going to be sorry for that when the random chatter starts up from my side of the room.

I can see it now..."Hey, you know what? Yesterday, I saw a car that looked like it was smiling. It made me wonder what it was so happy about. I came to the conclusion that it was playing a really good song that reminded it of that time it went on a really good first date".

Sometimes I fear that my brain may be broken. But then? Then I snicker and go on with life.

No comments: