Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A Decision Has Been Made - And It's All Project Runway's Fault

Or, as the kids say, "Less Talk, More Rock".

The excellent and hilarious Project Runway has returned to the airways, and I couldn't be happier. I also couldn't feel more humbled. Watching the joy and passion that these people have in their work amazes me. And makes me realize that I am slack-ass and scared. And that's just not something I care to admit.

Dammit, I have felt that love and that passion for making things with my hands. And what did I do? Run away from making the next, difficult step. Spend time developing an unholy fascination with celebrities who act like assholes. Pretend that the art, though admittedly silly, isn't important to me. That is didn't make me happy. That I couldn't, maybe, possibly, convince people that I didn't already know to buy a piece of it.

So right - it's super easy to make a decision to do something, but it's just as easy to pretend that the decision? It didn't happen. So I post for posterity and to keep my ass honest: Over the next couple of months, I'm going to build up my freaking portfolio. And then? Then I'm going to shop it around. Dammit.


PS: Even though I will never even to attempt to design a piece of clothing in my lifetime, I wish for Tim Gunn to be my mentor. In freaking anything. That man knows his shit, and tells it like it is, baby.











"Don't defend the shoe!"

No comments: