Monday, September 25, 2006

Bloodletting. Which Some of the New Season TV Shows Make Me Feel Like Doing.

So I'm on meds that may or may not destroy my kidneys. As such, I have to get yearly blood tests to make sure that the kidney does not turn into cement while everyone's back is turned. Last year, I came out of the lab looking like a novice heroin user with a case of the shakes, so my enthusiasm for the letting of blood that needed to be done today was at an all time low.

Imagine my surprise when the medical assistant assigned to my visit was able to fill up two vials on the first stab. And then imagine my shock when I removed the tape and cotton ball to find only a small pinprick to mark where the needle was placed. Hours later, and I am bruise and ache free. Who knew that was even possible?

***

Every autumn, I look forward with hand-clapping glee to the new TV season. We're halfway through the premieres of brand spanking new shows, and I am both pleased and appalled with what is classified as being good enough television to make it to the air. So let's make a couple of lists running it down.


The Verdict To Date

Added to Viewing Rotation

  • Studio 60
  • Saved
  • Kidnapped
  • Six Degrees
  • Men In Trees
  • Brothers & Sisters

Teetering On The Edge - Episode Two Will Be Make or Break
  • Jericho
  • Shark

Pass
  • Vanished
  • Celebrity Duets
  • Justice (why only give Victor Garber lines that must be shouted? Why?)
  • Standoff
  • 'Til Death
  • Happy Hour
  • The Class
  • Smith
Coming Up in the Weeks Ahead
  • Ugly Betty
  • Runaway
  • Heroes
  • Help Me Help You
  • Friday Night Lights
  • 20 Good Years
  • The Nine
  • Big Day
  • Notes From The Underbelly
  • 30 Rock
  • The Knights of Prosperity
  • Day Break

No comments: