Sunday, March 05, 2006

The Science of the Art

I've spent a selfish weekend (which, let's face it, is nothing new), focused on researching and designing and producing batches for the Peanut Butter project (taste testers, I really am making you eat this stuff for a reason!) and on the art. Since the PB project is still a glimmer in a plan's eye, and since I finally got off my ass and bought myself a new camera. It's not the original spy cam that I was coveting, but it is EVEN SMALLER. And speaks with an accent. And smokes clove cigarettes. And is therefore, more spy-like. Wait, what was I talking about?

Ahhh, right, the camera that I took pictures the start of the work that goes into making my, admittedly funny, and hopefully, fun, art.

Earlier on this year, I committed myself to exploring making the art, and seeing how far I could take it. And now that I can work a pair of scissors, I've started the first of a series of five spring-inspired works.

Oh, sparrow, you look so naked, sitting on that branch.















And so very cardboard, but at least you are popping off the canvas.

















The next stage will see a mess of colour added to your plumage and background, kind of like this:














And you will be naked and cardboard no more!

No comments: