Sunday, March 26, 2006

Grey. Rain. Yes, I am Still in Vancouver






























But even with the grey and the drizzle, I really am starting to feel something for this city. If this city was a boy, it would be making me think about planning, say, two or three weeks ahead instead of taking it day by day.

Not a lot of cities make me feel this way. Not a lot of cities feels, well, right when you're smack dab in the middle of it. In fact, I can count those cities that do on one hand. And I hope they're not too angry about adding another member to the small, exclusive harem that they are in my head.

Anyway, back to the grey and the rain. That's what it's like today. But the city? Well aware of the depressive end to it's personality. And the people here? They just work around it, not complaining, but not tiptoeing around the fact either. This is the only place by that I've been where hotels stock a free to use umbrella in every room. It's also the only place I've visited where upscale boutiques like Betsey Johnson and Coach place galvanized steel milk buckets inside their doors in order to provide a lovely parking space for those umbrellas.

The only thing that I hate about being here is the time difference - just enough to make me want to look for my bed when the evening here is just about to start. And just enough to make my body wake up, ready to start the day, when most people are just stumbling on home from a night out.

Speaking of such, I need to crawl into bed. Until tomorrow, kids.

No comments: