Saturday, November 12, 2005

Tag

So Rosemary tagged me into a game of talking about five women that inspired me. To tell you the truth, I have a hard time coming up with five things, let alone people, let alone people of the lady-part variety that have given me the inspirations, but I'm going to give it the old college try.


Mom

The ubiquetous choice, I know, but really, you gots you a mom, and that lady becomes a inspiration, one way or another. Thankfully, my mom is a lovely, incredible lady. And as the years go by, I become more and more impressed by the way she's growing as a person, and discovering who she is outside of a wife. And a mom. I consider her to be a friend, and that means so much to me, I don't think I can even begin to talk about it.


Cori

A friend and former boss. When Cori pulled a huge account that demanded all of her attention, she offered me a position in her PR company, taking over the bulk of all of her accounts. Her faith in my then untested abilities did a hell of a lot of things to help me believe in myself, and watching her work a room really gave me an understanding of how differently she operated from other women in the entertainment industry. I learned that it was possible to be a strong, confident and respected woman in music without being coy, cunning or underhanded.


Juliana Hatfield

I know, I know, musician! But seriously, her music inspired me to pick up a guitar. And travel about North America. And try things that were kind of scary. And to depend on myself, and the decisions that I made.


And that's all I can think of, really. Whoops?

No comments: