Friday, August 24, 2007

In Which I Spend $0.31

Given my fondness for tracking things (the Dell computer construction process? Genius. Packages of lovely things shipped from there to here? Brilliance. My workouts? A part of my day), I can't believe I haven't purchased a heart rate monitor before yesterday.

Thankfully, a $100 gift card to Sportchek put an end to that. With an in-store 20% discount, total layout for the Polr F4: $0.31. Which, I think, just might be the best $0.31 that I have ever spent.

I've been thinking about wearing it to meetings that I know are going to be difficult. Because I am an ass.

9 comments:

Peter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Foxy Renard said...

I adore, adore, adore my heart rate monitor. I always want to wear it to inappropriate places as well.

Melissa said...

It is almost impossible to resist, isn't it?

Melissa said...

Also, Peter, what's with the comment removal?

Peter said...

Oh, it was just a bunch of life-obtruding prattle that was begging for deletion. It was littering your site.

Btw., I have one too (F6). I'd probably wear it all day if I didn't fear getting a permanent transmitter impression around my torso.

Melissa said...

I'll let you in on a little secret, Peter - Blogger emails all comments to the blog owner. So I can tell you that what you wrote wasn't prattle at all, mister.

Peter said...

Zounds! This is exactly the kind of stuff that happens when you are a Web 1.0 guy stuck in a Web 2.0 world. But thank-you for being your usual kind self, Melissa.

Melissa said...

I am kind to animals and Luddites.

Peter said...

Can't speak for the Luddites, but we animals sure appreciate that. Moo. Gotta go finish this AJAX app now.