Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Best Thing About Moving Is the Decluttering

For a while, there, I seemed to move every year or so, and it let me really get a handle on all of my stuff. It also helped me deal with my pack-rat tendencies, as seeing things spread out before you that you never had any intention of using again lent to ruthless chucking out and/or foisting on others who were near and dear.

You may already know that I'm a planner. And with a pending move date on the books, and yes, it is a full month away, I've already begun to sort through my things, and start to fill up trashbins and recycling containters in the garbage hut with massive amounts of "what the fuck was I thinking?" objects. Three years in a single place = amass a bunch o' crap. Hopefully, the sorting will be done by this weekend, and the packing can begin.

I think when I settle down again, I'm going to force myself to do a bi-annual purge. It just makes things so much easier in the long run.

No comments: