Saturday, August 26, 2006

Little Miss Sunshine

Last night, I attended the early showing of Little Miss Sunshine, which is not about this:


But this:



Really, though, it was smart, oddly charming and incredibly hilarious.

My dislike of sitting in a theatre, however, was only reinforced. Average age of my fellow theatre go-ers? 65. And, like my parents who are of a similiar age (sorry Mom & Dad, but you know you do!), they were all talkers...the worst offenders being the couple who sat directly behind me.

"WHY WOULD HE DOOOOO THAT? WHY? WHY?"
"Oooh, he's never met a family like that!"
"Oh, JUST lovely!"
"So, they have to drive to California, and then drive all the way BACK!"

When a couple of irritated over the shoulder glances did nothing to quell their use of outdoor voices, I had to be the mean young lady who turned around and asked them to please be quiet.

Funny thing, though - the instant I did, they stopped talking and started whispering, meaning they had the ability to whisper the entire time, and just chose not to. WHY WOULD THEY DOOOOO THAT? WHY? WHY?

I don't think I'll be heading out to the theatre to see another movie for a while, golden age date-night showing or not. Because the movie talkers? They are everywhere. And, let's face it, the films, they all come to digital cable soon enough.

No comments: