Saturday, February 10, 2007

Frustration is a Dead Hard Drive

Or rather, not being able to recover any data from a dead hard drive, so that you have to start from scratch on the new one that was installed this morning. And don't even talk to me about should-ofs and back-ups, okay? Lesson learned.

That being said, I can't transfer my music from my IPod to my new hard drive, as ITunes is telling me that my IPod is synced with a different computer. It makes the excellent offer to sync my IPod with the new hard drive, but only if I'm willing to erase everything off of my IPod. Which, I'm pretty sure, is the OPPOSITE thing of what I want to do.

I do so wish for Obi Wan-type intervention. Anyone?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Try getting a "Hitch" by Sima...it's a gadget that will let you transfer the files directly from your ipod to any other USB device, including a standalone harddrive (or even a thumbdrive). You can get it at BB for about $99, or less on the web...sometimes as little as $59 at places like Amazon.com

Melissa said...

Aw, thanks for the suggestion Binker. I managed (ha, I - a friend forwarded on a link to instructions) to find out a manual way that didn't necessitate any other hardware. If you're interested, I posted a link to it in the entry after this one, called "Problem Solved".