Saturday, October 13, 2007

Things in Columbus That I Love

Wandering around the Short North. Wee independent boutiques and galleries and restaurants.

Dragonfly Neo V Cuisine. Vegan cuisine that is the complete opposite of crunchy granola. Excellent. Last night's meal consisted of a miso glazed eggplant amuse, and shared dishes of sundried tomato risotto and matsutake on asparagus and mashed potatoes.

Rosendale's as a place to meet and sip wine. The room has a great feel to it. I wish to one day try their kitchen out.

V Power Yoga is a super fast paced workout, and I love, love, love it. Petro-Canada kids? Excellent, excellent, excellent choice.

On schedule next week: Blue Nile.

Random and odd thing that I very much miss: Pressed cottage cheese. But I found myself a recipe for making farmer's cheese, a close cousin that itself is difficult to find in-store, so once I get into a kitchen of my own, I'll be trying it out and reporting the results. Kitchen experiment!

No comments: