Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Decision of a Century

For the past couple of weeks, I've been toying with the idea of doing a Century Ride - 100 miles (161 km - I'm still so very metric) of road cycling in one shot. I figure that since I've been pushing out 25 mile rides at a moderately easy pace post-weight training session that 100 miles is a do-able goal.

So, I've been toying with the idea - until I ordered The Complete Book of Long-Distance Cycling from Amazon. Even though 25 miles is easy to do, 100 miles, I know, is a different animal, and it's something that I'm going to need to train for, and learn how to fuel myself for.

September seems like a good goal to work towards. You all better hold me to it.

Totally unrelated, here's an obligatory what I made over the weekend food photo.




Regard, the mostly organic Chewy Oatmeal Raisin cookie. I modified the recipe to use whole wheat flour, add cinnamon and up the raisin factor.

2 comments:

Andrea Hill said...

You could do a metric century :) http://www.ohiocycling.info/OBEC.html#Anchor--Sund-13958

Melissa said...

Ha! I totally need to do that as the last, easier, event of the season!