Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Facing Forward

It's important to have things to look forward to. Anticipation of the coming awesome makes the in-between times, the even-keel times, the times where nothing remarkable is happening, just...better. The possibility of what might happen starts to colour the ordinary, and things start to look different.

Grocery shopping see the inclusion of wee, travel-sized items in my cart. Coveting of a lovely dress by a new designer, physically only available in NYC (interwebs don't count!) lead to thoughts of what it would take to track it down and try it on. Emails tend to start with an "I'm going to see you soon!" and responses are all, "You're going to be here soon!". Stating the obvious becomes delightful.

It's been a while since I've taken a trip that didn't have anything remotely related to work. And I'm thinking that I really don't do enough of taking trips just for the fun of it.

NYC, I hope you feel like playing nice when I come down to visit you. I want to walk and walk and walk about your streets with my friends, shopping and eating and shopping some more. And I want to do it wearing awesome little spring-like dresses, and swing my arms and feel the sun gently falling down on my head.

I want to have fun. I plan on having fun. And, you know what? I really do think that fun? Is going to be unavoidable.

Can't. Wait.

No comments: