Thursday, July 12, 2007

I Do Not Have A Time Machine

Which is a shame, as I found myself wishing, fleetingly, for one last night.

Don't get me wrong - Built to Spill is an amazing, startling band. But my favourite version of Built to Spill? 1994's There's Nothing Wrong with Love. And that's the band that I found myself wishing that I was watching. Right before I started wishing I was still as stupid as I was back in 1994, when I got crazy-enjoyment out of standing for hours in a sardine-packed-like rock club, smelling other people's sweat as they rocked out.

But it isn't, and I didn't, and I came away with the realization that I've used up all my rock-out-with-your-cock-out hanging about years ago.

That sounds full of complaints, though, doesn't it? So let me tell you about the things that ruled about the evening:

  • Doug Marsch is a controlled explosion of beautiful noise
  • Indie rock beard was representing in full effect
  • Bumping into people that I haven't seen in years
  • Opening band Attack in Black

No comments: