Monday, October 09, 2006

There's No Use Fighting It

Part the First

Every year I hope that the summer will last forever. That I'll never have to turn over my thermostat control from AC to Heater. That the snow? She will stay away. And every year, I am denied.

This year, I've come to accept the change in season. My air conditioner is already wrapped up in it's winter coat, the furnace has been clicking on for the past two weeks, and today, I moved my outdoor furniture from my balcony to my storage locker.

I feel grown up.

***

Part the Second
























I have gone from reviling dresses to loving them. And this time, I'm not just talking about those of the cocktail persuasion. I'm talking about a wholesale love for the dress.

I want to wear dresses during the day. At work. Which, generally, is a non-cocktail type of place. I want dresses like the one you see to the left. Generra, Ella Moss, Rachel Pally, Geren Ford, I want you all to come to my house and make me pretty things to wear.

And if I was a rich girl, I would also be wanting the dress on the right. Oh, Crazy Uncle Karl, how you make me covet.

Do you like how I just throw out designer names like I've made a study of fashion? I try, kids. Being a poseur is not easy.

That being said, after my car's appointment at the shop, I may try to head on over to Holt's to see if I can find one not too outrageously expense frock to add to my wardrobe. We shall see.

***

Part the Third

I love the Showcase comedy Rent-a-Goalie.

I hate hockey.

I don't know how to reconcile these two facts.


***

Part the Last

For the past few days, my parents, especially my dad, have been doing a wonderful job standing by the sons of his brother as they try to deal with a mountain of shit that he has shovel atop of them.

Although you know that other people's families don't usually work the same way that yours does, its always a little shocking when you're actually confronted with the fact.

It makes you step back and think about your own situation.

And if you're lucky, like me, it makes you thankful.

Oh, look, it's Thanksgiving Day as well. Who knew?

No comments: